Monday, November 17, 2008





These are Louis' 3 favorite books at our house. Rotten Ralph, The Birthday Monsters, and The Very Bad Bunny. He brings them to John, Miles, Ella and I (and Charlie if he's desperate, cuz we ALL have them memorized by now) at least once a day and begs to read them...for the zillioneth time. John and I realized that each of his favorite books is about disobeying or rebellion in some capacity. We were trying to decide if he was doing research for a future plan or something, but decided he would probably be all right. The next day, I went to the gym, and found him on the lady's lap, reading a book. They finished the book, and the lady (Jean...our favorite) said, "Louis asks me to read this book EVERY day!" I asked her what it was called and she replied, "Annie Disobeys." John and I and the kids had a good laugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny! I'll have to check these books out at the library, or maybe not?
Thanks for your comments on our blog, by the way..

jered said...

That's funny. Both of ours are avid readers. Maia (will be 2 in Feb) just grabs a book and plops herself onto your lap. She will fuss if you refuse her.

Aden (3-1/2) is already reading new books all on his own. Sure the word "fight" sounds like "foghat," but he's working through them.

Glad to hear of books' positive (?) influence in your house, too. :)