Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Morning Ruined

Sometimes (like TODAY) Charlie likes to be pushed on the rope swing.
Most of the time, he and John have a blast together, and Charlie soars!Notice the big branch right above Char's head.
This morning, while swinging, Charlie got into this horizontal
position, and screamed.
This is what he saw, hanging down from that branch, looking right at him:
Somehow, this squirrel fell, landed like this and died. Maybe he died before he fell, maybe the fall killed him. There is no way of knowing. All we know is that this traumatic experience ruined Charlie's morning. John (and our friend Muggins) came to the rescue:
So, we calmed Charlie down, bagged him up (he was huge!) and off to the garbage bin he went. Weird morning. Well documented though.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

OH MY!! The hairs on the back of my neck are sticking way up! I thought you were gonna say that the branch broke or something...never expected the squirrel. I hope he didn't fall to his death--what a horrible and embarrassing way for a squirrel to go. Poor Charlie- I hope this doesn't deter him from his love of tree swinging and climbing for long.

Julia Harps said...

I love it when interesting things like that happen to us. I've never heard of anyone encountering a squirrel this way. weird!

emily said...

Ah yes - a squirrel encounter. We've had our share of those here in them backwoods of Texas. I recall one fine, crisp afternoon when I happened upon two stiff-as-a-board squirrels in our tool shed. I think they chased each other in their and forgot how to use the door. Our little fellers smelled quite a bit though -- I don't think I was smiling like John when I was holding them in a bag! Mark.

Anna Min said...

Oh Aimee...what an awful sight. My heart goes out to Charlie.
And you just had to do what you had to do.
Eeeee.
Sure makes it for an interesting day and weird memory though...:)

Nanna and Papa said...

I think Bryan wants to do a screen play about this incident!!! Why does the squirrel scene from Lampoon Christmas with Chevy Chase come to mind??? Anyway, that is the biggest squirrel I've ever seen--steroids?? Poor Charlie--hopefully someday this will be hilariously funny to him--I mean what are the odds of that happening??? OH--also reminds me of that movie Matt and Mark made where they had a stuffed squirrel or something like one leap out of a tree and attack Mark-remember that?? Mark rolls around on the ground acting like the thing is biting him--may not want Charlie to see that anytime soon--love to all-Mom

Kristen said...

and now charlie will have this post to always look back and remember the good times.... wait...