Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events


I have to post a blog about Ella's cool accomplishment because I'm so dang proud of her. She loves to read, and I think that's so cool! She started reading these books on December 1st and just finished the 13th book a couple of days ago. That's 13 books in just under 5 months! I think I had probably just finished Green Eggs and Ham at her age! To top it off, she had to take a quiz on each book after she finished, and out of all 130 questions, she only missed 2! As my Aunt Shannon would say, "I'm just bustin' my buttons!"

6 comments:

emily said...

that's so awesome! we're just on the tip of barely getting a reader around here. starfall.com, has charlie tried it?

congrats ella, we're busting our texas belt buckles out here!!!! with pride, of course.

Lindsay said...

Good job, Ella! And, good job mom and dad for raising a non-couch potato of a kid. She's awesome!

Julia Harps said...

that really great! I love it when my kids read. I love it when I read! What a smarty pants. he he.

Anna Min said...

Go Ella!
I'm all about Green Eggs and Ham...
My kids love Starfall.com too...
Hooray for Mom and Dad too for supporting Ella in her Fortunate Events:)

Unknown said...

Congrats Ella!!! Reading is the key to unlocking the formula for life's great adventures- Curiosity + Creativity = Knowledge (and a boatload of fun too!)-- You are well on your way! We are so proud of you! Love, Nanna and Grandpa Greg

Unknown said...

Great Job Ella! That is a lot of books! I love to read but could never keep up with that!!!