Monday, March 2, 2009

The Jasmine is in bloom, here in Southern California, and on a warm breezy day like yesterday, I walked around the neighborhood just breathing deeply and taking it all in. It was then that I realized...If I see a cloud that I think is cool, I can take a photo on my phone and send it to Mark immediately. If Louis says something cute, I can record it on my phone and send it to whoever I want immediately. There's no way to capture a smell and send it around for all of my loved ones to enjoy, which is exactly what I wanted to do. It might not be long...you never know in this crazy world where we can SIT IN CHAIRS IN THE SKY!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I loved that clip! Soooo funny and SO true. Reminds me of an email my sister forwarded to me about growing up in the 80s compared to now and how today's kids have no idea what it was like to have to get up to change the channel! yikes. Also, jasmine is one of my all time favorite non-food smells, along with gardenias and Christmas trees. No jasmine is these parts yet. Can we come visit you on Friday and smell your jasmine?

Anna Min said...

Thanks for the link...that was hilarious. I went outside this morning and smelled cow manuer. When technology can send smells I will truly appreciate it!

Jon Hoagland said...

Aimee,

Your family looks great. If you ever come across the technology to send smells, I want you to send me a BBQ or beach bonfire smell.

I'm actually trying to get in touch with John. Sorry to use this forum but there's no email listed and the emails I have for you and John don't work. There is a POA Sul reunion in April. John can email me at jonhoagland@hotmail.com for the details.