Monday, February 9, 2009

3 Days With My Dad

My DAD came last week. He got here on Tuesday after noon, went to Miles' audition in Beverly Hills with us, took us out to dinner at IHOP, came home and slept in Ella's room (which became his for the next 3 nights). In the morning, we took the kids to school, and then went to Home Depot where we bought materials to put up baseboards in our living and dining rooms, as well as to cover the place where the ugly heater grate was in the middle of our floor. THEN, we went back to the school and picked up the kids at 10:30 and took them to Disney's California Adventure! We got 2fer tickets from 2 weeks ago when we went to Disneyland. It was a BLAST! Louis and Charlie rode on the scariest ride ever (Tower of Teror...and they probably never will again), and we rode every other ride at least once. My personal favorite is the new TOY STORY RIDE! It ROCKS! Also, our friends, the Sharps met us for the last part of the day, which was SO fun! Here are those pics! (more text to follow those pics)

That night, I had a meeting for Miles' choir board that I serve on, and Pappa helped John get the kids in bed that night. In the morning, Dad and I took the kids to school, and then set out to do some WOODWORKING! I stained and finished, and even cut baseboards (3 inch oak...beautiful) and my dad worked on getting rid of the ugly heater grate and replacing it with something AMAZING. It was so fun to work together all day (with Louis' help of course...mostly drilling the air) and I'm so happy with the end result. We had a big dinner together that night (it was so fun to cook for my dad...I haven't done that in a long time!) and watched an episode of "The Office" to help us wind down. In the morning, after we took the kids to school (my dad did this with me each morning), he came to the gym with me and watched me play a little basketball. He gave me pointers for my set shot...all in all, an invaluable experience. Dad, I can't thank you enough. Here are the shots of our new baseboards and floor:

notice the baseboard in the background (above)

5 comments:

emily said...

that heater cover is sooo awesome--i love the design, it fits the period style of the house really well! and even more awesome is that you know it's sturdy enough that someone wouldn't fall through it--i wouldn't be so sure if i'd had a part in it . . .

um, miles had an audition? more details?

sounds like a great whirlwind couple of days.

Jeff Sweat said...

Wow, great furnace cover. I take it there's not a furnace there anymore? What kind of audition is Miles doing? If it works out, maybe you'll have more excuses to be over our way? :-)

Lindsay said...

I'm a little nervous about that picture of Charlie and Louis dangling in that green thing.
Love the baseboards and cover, your dad is so handy. I can't wait to see your house in person!

Anonymous said...

Love it when family time can be productive, too. Looks AWESOME!

emily said...

Um ... that's awesome! luv mark