Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Louis Today

Today, as I carried Louis to the car, we had the following conversation:
"Mommy, wouldn't it be funny if the sun stayed up in the night time and it didn't get dark?"
"Yes, that would be funny. You know, that happened a long time ago when Heavenly Father sent a sign that Jesus would be born." I then explained that event a little.
"I didn't know babies could hold signs."
I laughed and then explained that there were two kinds of signs...the kind we read, and the kind that mean something is coming. I held my hand up high and told him that was a sign I was going to hit him. Then I held it out for a "five" and told him that was the sign I wanted to give him five, and explained that the 3 days without darkness was that kind of sign.
"Do you understand what I mean, Lou?"
He then stretched out his arms to me and said, "What sign is this, Mommy?"
I hugged him with a huge smile, and he said, "HUGGING!"
My little smarty.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Precious! Yes, he IS a smartie.

Nanna and Papa said...

Hi Aimee-finally catching up on everyones blogs! Louis is such a crack up! Love the 'signs' comment! Say, when will the Suave commercial air?? Still thinking about all the fun at Christmas! Can't wait to see all of you when I am down in SD for Nolen's arrival! Love to all -Mom/Nanna